All the terms & conditions to enter
and participate in
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Winna Mariba Game Show is brought to you by Trustco Group Holdings Limited (Trustco) and powered by The Namibian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC). Before you proceed with your participation in the Winna Mariba Game Show, it is important that you carefully review and understand the following terms and conditions. Your decision to enter and participate in the Winna Mariba Game Show constitutes your explicit acceptance and agreement to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
- “Participant” refers to an individual who enters via SMS to be considered a contestant on the Winna Mariba Game Show.
- “Contestant” refers to one (1) of the forty-eight (48) individuals selected to compete in one of the thirteen (12) episodes of the Winna Mariba Game Show.
- “Celebrity Guest” refers to one of the four (4) celebrities to be invited as contestants on the thirteenth (13) and final episode of the season.
- “Prize” includes cash rewards or other benefits awarded to winners of the game show or add-on competitions.
- “Board” refers to the Lotteries Board, the regulatory authority responsible for overseeing promotional competitions in Namibia.
- “Game Show” refers to the Winna Mariba televised game show.
- “Organisers” refer jointly to Trustco and the NBC.
- “Trustco Product” means any up to date policy numbers for Trustco Insurance products, Trustco investment portfolios, student numbers for students from the Institute for Open Learning, contract numbers for Trustco Finance products, erven numbers for owners of Trustco Properties-owned developments, as well as identification numbers for any Namibian Trustco shareholders on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and/or Namibia Stock Exchange (NSX).
2. PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY:
- The Winna Mariba televised game show is open to all Namibian citizens and permanent residents, who meet the minimum age requirement of eighteen (18) years or older as stipulated in the Lotteries Act, 2017.
- Employees of Trustco, its subsidiaries, including those of its investment portfolios and any of their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in the game show. Furthermore, directors, members, partners, agents, or consultants of Trustco and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members include spouses, parents, children, siblings, a business partner or associate, and any other individuals residing in the same household of said employees.
- Employees of NBC and their immediate family members are also not eligible to participate. Furthermore, directors, members, partners, agents, or consultants of the NBC and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members include spouses, parents, children, siblings, a business partner or associate and any other individuals residing in the same household of said employees.
- Any individuals who do not meet the specified eligibility requirements or are otherwise prohibited by law from participating in the Winna Mariba televised game show are strictly prohibited from entering.
- Trustco and the NBC reserve the right to verify the eligibility of participants and disqualify any individual who fails to meet the eligibility criteria or provides false or misleading information.
3. ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION:
- Request to participate in the Winna Mariba televised game show is to be submitted via Short Message Service (SMS). Trustco and the NBC will not require participants to pay any consideration other than the reasonable cost per SMS, currently NAD2.50 per SMS, for electronically submitting an entry into the competition, as specified by regulation 56 of the Lotteries Act, 2017.
- SMS rates are NAD 2.50 per SMS for a single entry.
- Participants should SMS the letters “WM” to 777.
- Participants can submit multiple SMS requests, without limitation, to improve their chances of being selected.
- Submitting an entry via SMS does not guarantee automatic participation in the Winna Mariba televised show, as only four (4) participants will be selected for each of the thirteen (13) episodes.
- The final selection of contestants will be conducted randomly using an automated winner generator platform.
- The forty-eight (48) contestants selected for the thirteen (12) shows of the Winna Mariba Game Show will be individually contacted through the number used during the SMS entry process.
- The names of the final contestants will be officially announced on the game show’s official social media platforms and broadcasted on-air by NBC.
- The 777 SMS line for the Winna Mariba Game Show entries opens on Wednesday, 18 October 2023 at 10:00AM, Windhoek Time.
- The closing date for submitting entries is Friday, 17 November 2023, at 00:00AM, Windhoek Time.
- Following the entry period’s conclusion, finalists will be contacted within ten (10) working days of the closing date to inform them of their selection to compete in the game show.
- The game show organisers will make reasonable efforts to contact finalists promptly and efficiently after the entry period has closed.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they are reachable via the provided contact details during the communication process.
- If a selected participant cannot be reached through the provided contact information, within five (5) attempts in the space of forty-eight (48) hours, they shall forfeit their entry, and an alternative individual will be chosen as a replacement.
- If a finalist cannot participate in the competition due to illness or any other valid unforeseen reason, said finalist shall have the option to nominate a representative to compete on their behalf, ensuring continuity and fairness in the Winna Mariba Game Show.
- If the nominated representative emerges as the winner of an episode and is entitled to the prize money, it will be disbursed into the bank account of the original contestant who was initially selected for the show via their SMS entry. Agreements, arrangements, or disputes arising between selected finalists and their nominees are not the responsibility of the Winna Mariba Game Show, and the Game Show shall be held harmless in such matters.
- Participation in the Winna Mariba Game Show will follow thorough vetting and confirmation of all submitted details.
- Conducting the participation draws will be overseen and certified by an independent accountant, registered auditor, or legal practitioner approved by the Board, in line with regulation 57(1), Lotteries Act, 2017.
- The thirteenth (13) episode of the Winna Mariba Game Show will be a special charity event, featuring four (4) prominent celebrity guests personally invited by the game show’s organisers.
- The celebrity guest special episode aims to raise awareness and support for charitable causes determined by the celebrities.
4. PRODUCTION AND FILMING:
- Contestants selected to compete in the Winna Mariba televised game show shall be responsible for making themselves available for the show’s filming. The filming will take place at the NBC studios in Windhoek, Namibia, and contestants must be present at the designated location at the scheduled times.
- Contestants not based in Windhoek acknowledge that travel to the capital city will be at their own expense and agree to undertake any travel at their own risk.
- Contestants acknowledge and agree that any expenses incurred beyond the scope of the filming of the Winna Mariba Game Show shall be solely borne by them. Such expenses may encompass but are not restricted to accommodation, meals, travel, and other related costs.
- Contestants further acknowledge and agree to make themselves available for the scheduled filming of the Winna Mariba Game Show and, if necessary, shall make appropriate arrangements with employers to secure leave during the show’s production. Any potential conflicts or disputes arising with any employers due to absenteeism from work shall not be attributed to or the responsibility of the show.
- Contestants may be required to partake in any prior promotions and filming activities as deemed necessary by the Winna Mariba show. The production team shall make reasonable efforts to accommodate the schedules of contestants when scheduling such activities.
- It is recommended that contestants review any specific instructions or guidelines provided by the Winna Mariba televised show regarding their availability, timing and conduct during the filming period, before committing to the show.
- Replacement Provision: In the event that a contestant fails to appear within thirty minutes of their scheduled call time for shooting their specific episode of Winna Mariba, the organizers reserve the right to substitute such contestant with an alternative participant of their discretion.
5. ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION
- By participating in the Winna Mariba Game Show, both participants and final contestants explicitly grant consent and authorise the organisers to utilise their names, likenesses, voices, photographs, videos, and any other associated materials for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes across the aforementioned channels; including but not limited to radio, television, online advertising and social media. Such authorisation encompasses traditional and digital media platforms and is not subject to any time or geographical restrictions. Participants and final contestants acknowledge and understand that their information and media content may be publicly disseminated and made accessible to a wide audience.
- In addition, it is further acknowledged that any winner of the Winna Mariba televised game show shall make themselves available for further promotional activities as reasonably requested by the organisers. This may include, but is not limited to, media interviews, press releases, public appearances and testimonials. The winner agrees to participate in such promotional activities willingly and without compensation, except where expressly agreed upon in writing by the organisers. These promotional activities aim to maximise the exposure and success of the Winna Mariba televised game show.
- Participants and contestants acknowledge that the Winna Mariba televised game show shall retain ownership of all footage captured during the show, including behind-the-scenes footage and that organisers reserve the right to use such footage for promotional purposes in future seasons.
6. GAME SHOW FORMAT
- The Winna Mariba Game Show encompasses a thrilling season consisting of thirteen (13) episodes, filled with excitement and competition.
- All episodes will be pre-recorded within a designated week/weekend and subsequently broadcasted weekly on the NBC.
- Each episode will span a duration of twenty-four (24) to twenty-six (26) minutes, divided into three (3) distinct segments, captivating viewers with engaging content.
- To accommodate the structure of the show, two (2) well-placed advertisement breaks will occur during each episode, allowing for seamless integration and an enhanced viewing experience.
- Every episode will showcase four (4) dynamic contestants, who will compete head-to-head in the exhilarating quest for the ultimate cash prize.
- The game show will present an array of captivating rounds, featuring diverse and enthralling games carefully curated to ensure constant intrigue and entertainment for contestants and viewers.
- As the rounds progress, the stakes intensify, with one contestant being eliminated at the conclusion of each round, ultimately leaving two finalists to contend in the thrilling final round.
- The ultimate champion, determined through strategic gameplay and a demonstration of exceptional skills, shall be identified as the winner, claiming the entire cash prize.
- Contestants who possess a valid, paid-up NBC TV license stand a chance to double their winnings.
- Contestants who own any Trustco Product, including those of its investment portfolios, stand a chance to double their winnings. These include policy numbers for insurance products, student numbers for students from the Institute for Open Learning, erven numbers for owners of Trustco Properties-owned developments, as well as identification numbers for any Namibian Trustco shareholders on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and/or Namibia Stock Exchange (NSX).
- The conducting of the competition will be supervised and certified by an independent accountant, registered auditor or legal practitioner approved by the Board, in line with regulation 57(1), Lotteries Act, 2017.
- Contestants stand a chance to double their winnings if they have any of the following:
– A valid, paid-up NBC TV License
– Any valid and up-to-date Trustco Product as specified.
7. CONTESTANT PARTICIPATION
- Participation and competing in the Winna Mariba Game Show are voluntary and undertaken by participants and contestants at their own risk.
- Contestants acknowledge and accept that their participation in the game show and any related activities is entirely their choice, and they are solely responsible for any consequences or risks associated with their participation.
- The decisions by the auditors responsible for overseeing the game show, including the selection of winners, are final and binding.
- The manner and date of announcing the final contestants will be clearly stated in the Winna Mariba show advertising material promoting the competition, in accordance with regulation 54 of the Lotteries Act, 2017.
- Contestants understand and agree that the auditors’ determinations are conclusive and cannot be contested or disputed.
- The organisers of the Winna Mariba televised game show and their associated entities shall not be held liable for any injuries, damages or losses suffered by contestants during the game show or any related activities.
- Contestants hereby release the organisers, their agents, representatives, employees and affiliates from any claims, demands or liabilities arising from their participation in the Winna Mariba televised game show.
- Contestants are required to adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by the organisers for the Winna Mariba televised game show.
- Failure to comply with the established rules and regulations may result in disqualification or other penalties, as determined by the organis
- The organisers strive to provide all contestants a fair and enjoyable game show experience.
- Contestants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the rules and guidelines provided by the organisers to ensure a fair and enjoyable participation.
- Contestants stand a chance to double their winnings if they have any of the following:
- A valid, paid-up NBC TV License
- Any valid and up-to-date Trustco Product as specified.
- The maximum cumulative cash prize for the entire first season of the Winna Mariba televised game show is NAD 260,000. However, the actual amount that can be won may vary based on the performance of the contestants throughout the episodes, as well as ownership of a TV license and/or Trustco Product.
- The Winna Mariba Game Show is designed as a game of skill, where contestant winnings are determined by their performance during the show.
- Contestants’ outcomes and winnings are directly influenced by their skills, knowledge and abilities demonstrated during the game.
- This game show is not based on chance or luck; instead, it relies on contestants’ strategic thinking, problem-solving and other skills to succeed.
- Prize money per episode:
- Prize money will accumulate throughout three rounds, and at the conclusion of round three, a single winner will be awarded the entire accumulated prize pot.
- In Round One, each of the four contestants will play for a maximum of NAD 1,000.00 in winnings that will be added to the final prize pot as a guaranteed winning amount. The maximum amount being carried over in total for round one, therefore, is NAD 4,000.00. Only three contestants will proceed to round two and the contestant that do not proceed to round two will leave the show empty handed.
- In Round Two, the three remaining contestants will each play for a maximum of NAD 2,000.00 in winnings that will be added to the prize pot. The maximum amount being carried over in total for round two, therefore, is NAD 6,000.00. Only two contestants will proceed to round three, the Final Round, and the contestant that do not proceed to round three will leave the show empty handed.
- In the Final Round, the remaining two contestants will compete for the final total prize pot, accumulated over the previous two rounds, of a maximum of NAD 10,000.00. Players will compete against each other for the final prize pot and only one winner will walk away with the entire prize pot; the remaining contestant will leave empty handed.
- The actual prize money amount awarded to the winner of the Final Round will be the guaranteed amount accumulated during Round One, as well as the amount won during Round Three, determined by their performance during this final round.
- The final winning amount could be doubled should the winning contestant own an NBC television license and/or Trustco Product. Prize money will only be double once in cases where contestants have both a TV license as well as a Trustco product.
6. The prize money cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for any other form of compensation or benefit.
7. Payment will be made via electronic bank transfer, subject to the winner providing the necessary information and completing any required documentation.
8. Contestants disqualified from the game show, whether due to a violation of the terms and conditions or any other reason determined by the organisers, shall forfeit any claim to the prize money.
9. The organisers reserve the right to modify or alter the prize structure or distribution at any time, at their sole discretion, with appropriate notice provided to the contestants.
10. Prizes awarded around the Winna Mariba Game Show competition will comply with the regulations regarding lawful goods, services or benefits. Winners will not be required to offer further consideration or purchase additional goods or services to claim their prize. If a winner is required to endorse, promote or advertise Trustco and NBC’s goods and/or services, written consent will be obtained.
9. VIEWER COMPETITIONS AND AUDIENCE GIVEAWAYS
1. The Winna Mariba televised game show incorporates two (2) viewers competitions components that allow participants to win prizes.
a. Social Media Video Competition:
i. Viewers can participate in the social media video competition by creating and sharing videos related to the Winna Mariba televised game show and sharing them under the #WinnaMariba
ii. To enter the social media competition, viewers must recreate the Winna Mariba Games, capture their gameplay on video and share it on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok. Successful entries must include the hashtag #WinnaMariba for validation and it is recommended to tag the Winna Mariba pages on the respective platforms. A weekly selection process will identify one video based on its creativity and engagement.
iii. One winner will be selected each week to receive a cash prize of NAD 2,500.00. If the viewer that posted and tagged the video has a paid-up NBC TV license, or any paid-up Trustco-related product, their winnings will be doubled.
iv. Viewers are allowed to play any game; however, they are encouraged to make use of the examples of the games played on the Winna Mariba show, also listed on the website.
v. Participants engage in these games at their own risk, and it is explicitly stated that any game posing harm or danger to individuals will not be endorsed or considered.
vi. The Winna Mariba show, its organisers, Trustco, and the NBC shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, or personal injury sustained by individuals participating in the games. Participants acknowledge and accept full responsibility for their involvement, understanding that the aforementioned entities bear no responsibility for any adverse outcomes.
2. Participants in the viewer competitions and giveaways acknowledge and accept the terms and conditions pertaining to these specific components and the overall terms and conditions of the Winna Mariba Game Show.
3. The allocation and distribution of prizes, including cash prizes, will be determined by the organisers of the Winna Mariba televised game show.
4. The organisers reserve the right to modify the prize allocation and distribution at their discretion.
5. The payment will be made in the Republic of Namibia’s local currency (Namibian Dollar) via a method determined by the organisers
6. Prizes, including cash prizes, are non-transferable and may not be exchanged for an alternative prize.
7. All decisions made by the auditors and organisers of the Winna Mariba Game Show, including the selection of winners and the interpretation of these terms and conditions, are final and binding.
10. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Any participant and contestant participating in any area of the Winna Mariba televised game show agrees to comply with the official rules and decisions established by the game show organis
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant or contestant found to violate the terms and conditions or engage in any fraudulent activities.
- The organisers reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the game show at any time and for any reason.
- The organisers shall not be held accountable for any technical or human errors that may occur during the entry process or throughout the course of the game show.
- Participants and contestants understand and acknowledge that the organisers shall not be liable for any damages or losses from participating in the Winna Mariba Game Show.
- By entering and participating in the Winna Mariba Game Show, participants and contestants acknowledge that they have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- In the event that the Winna Mariba Game Show is cancelled, rescheduled or in any way prohibited or restricted from continuing, a participant shall have no claim of any nature for damages or loss resulting therefrom, and indemnify the organisers against such damages or loss.
- It is each participant’s, who enters the Winna Mariba Game Show, responsibility to ensure that the organisers receive an entry. Any entry not received within time will not be eligible for consideration of participation, regardless of the reason for being late or not received.
11. DATA, PRIVACY AND COMPLIANCE
- Participants’ and contestants’ personal information collected during the competition, such as names, contact details and identification numbers, will be used solely to administer the competition, announce winners and distribute prizes.
- By participating and competing in the Winna Mariba Game Show, participants and contestants consent to collecting, processing and storing their personal information as described in these terms and conditions.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures will be implemented to safeguard participants’ and contestants’ personal information against unauthorised access, loss, or misuse.
- Personal information of participants and contestants will not be shared, sold or disclosed to any third parties without explicit consent, except as required by law or for prize distribution purposes.
- Trustco and the NBC will retain all relevant information and documentation associated with the Winna Mariba Show, including all participant and contestant information, for a period of a minimum of three (3) years, as required by regulation 57(4), of the Lotteries Act, 2017.
- Participants and contestants have the right to request access to their personal information held by the promoter and request corrections if necessary.
- Participants and contestants have the right to withdraw their consent for the processing of their personal information at any time. However, withdrawal may result in their inability to participate in the competition.
- The Winna Mariba Game Show competition has been authorised and approved by the Lotteries Board of Namibia.
Become part of the Trustco’s Winna Mariba powered by the NBC social media community by joining the conversation online using the official hashtag #WinnaMariba.
How to enter &
play on the
Don’t miss out on the fun, the nail-biting competition, and the chance to win big! Enter now by texting “WM” to 777 and get ready to be part of the Winna Mariba revival!
WHO CAN PLAY
If you’re a Namibian citizen or permanent resident, aged 18 or older, this is your moment to shine. But hurry, space is limited, and only four contestants will be chosen for each of the thirteen episodes.
Remember, the more you enter, the higher your chances of being selected. And that’s not all! If you’re a paid up Trustco product owner or possess a paid-up NBC TV license, you could double your winnings!
SMSes are charged at NAD2.50 each. For daily updates, visit Winna Mariba on Facebook
Proudly Brought to you by Trustco and powered by NBC.